Asset Selection Criteria
The JMDP Investment strategy is to build a robust portfolio of performing assets consisting of multifamily properties and manufactured housing communities. We seek acquisition opportunities in select sub-markets throughout the United States which demonstrate the following characteristics:
- The asset will generate consistent double-digit, cash-on-cash returns.
- The asset will target an internal rate of return (IRR) in the high teens.
- Properties will be acquired below replacement cost, presenting investors the ability to take advantage of opportunistic acquisitions.
- Assets that are under-performing comparable properties due to mismanagement or lack of cap ex.
- Opportunity to enhance value by renovation upgrades, reducing operating costs, replacing management, increase occupancy, improve tenant quality.
- Assets that are convenient to schools, industry, shopping, transportation and medical facilities.